As Chairman of the Stewardship Committee, and also President of the Congregation, I would like to take the time to ask those who are part of Christ Lutheran to seriously consider serving on one of the four open positions I will explain below. November is stewardship month when we prayerfully look at the time, talents, and treasures we are blessed to receive from God and how we can put these to work to further God’s Kingdom.
Recording Secretary of the Church Council. Record the transactions of all meetings of the Voters Assembly and of the Church Council in a book or other recording device provided for that purpose and present such records at the respective meetings; record all amendments that are adopted by the congregation on a master copy of this Constitution. The original minutes taken at such meetings shall be filed and kept in a depository provided by the Church Council.
Financial Secretary – It shall be the duty of the Financial Secretary to:
- Receive and properly record all contributions to the congregation.
- Provide envelopes to all communicant members and others upon request.
- Prepare yearly statements to be submitted to each communicant member.
- Provide sufficient members of the congregation who will count , record, and deposit the money received at each worship service, and report the weekly totals to the council
- Sign checks as directed by the Church Council
Chair of the Stewardship Board – It shall be the duty of the Chair to:
- Coordinate the Christian resources (time, talents, and treasures) of the members of Christ Lutheran congregation so that its ministry might be enhanced for the sake of the growth of God’s kingdom.
- Organize and supervise such financial stewardship campaigns as are necessary to insure the financial support needed to carry on a positive and far-reaching ministry of Gospel proclamation through Christ Lutheran congregation.
- Help lead and direct the monthly e-newsletter and social media campaigns directed at reaching out to the larger community as well as reaching within CELC to inform and inspire the growth of God’s Kingdom.
CELC Elder – Duties
- Confer, consult, and assist the pastors in all matters pertaining to the spiritual welfare of the members of the congregation.
- Coordinate with ushers and alter guild to the proper performance of the respective services
- Administer and assist in Holy Communion and baptism as directed by the Pastors
- Care for the general, physical, and mental, wellbeing of the pastors and their families
The need here at Christ Lutheran is pronounced so please prayerfully consider these opportunities to serve. As Jesus says in Luke 10:2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field”. Could one of those workers be you?